Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Therapeutics
- Clostridium difficile infection: review.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2019; 38: 1211-1221
- Clostridium difficile infection: new developments in epidemiology and pathogenesis.Nat Rev Microbiol. 2009; 7: 526-536
- Clinical practice guidelines for Clostridium difficile infection in adults and children: 2017 update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) and Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA).Clin Infect Dis. 2018; 66: e1-e48
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Surveillance report: point prevalence survey of healthcare-associated infections and antimicrobial use in European acute care hospitals 2011–2012. http://ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications/publications/healthcare-associated-infections-antimicrobial-use-pps.pdf. Published 2013. Updated July 2013. Accessed June 2022.
- The role of toxin A and toxin B in Clostridium difficile–associated disease: past and present perspectives.Gut Microbes. 2010; 1: 58-64
- Disruption of the gut microbiome: Clostridium difficile infection and the threat of antibiotic resistance.Genes. 2015; 6: 1347-1360
- Clinical and healthcare burden of multiple recurrences of Clostridium difficile infection.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 62: 574-580
Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA. ZINPLAVATM (bezlotoxumab) Prescribing Information. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2016/761046s000lbl.pdf. Published 2016. Updated October 2016. Accessed June 2022.
Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA. ZINPLAVA (bezlotoxumab) Summary of Product Characteristics. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/product-information/zinplava-epar-product-information_en.pdf. Published 2017. Accessed June 2022.
- Bezlotoxumab for prevention of recurrent Clostridium difficile infection.N Engl J Med. 2017; 376: 305-317
- Bezlotoxumab for prevention of recurrent Clostridium difficile infection in patients at increased risk for recurrence.Clin Infect Dis. 2018; 67: 649-656
- Temporal changes in serum albumin and total protein in patients with hospital–acquired Clostridium difficile infection.Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2014; 44: 32-37
- Hypoalbuminemia as predictor of recurrence of Clostridium difficile infection.Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2019; 131: 68-74
- Population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of bezlotoxumab in adults with primary and recurrent Clostridium difficile infection.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2019; 63 (e01971–e01918)
- A time-to-event analysis of the exposure-response relationship for bezlotoxumab concentrations and CDI recurrence.J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn. 2020; 47: 121-130
- Clostridium difficile colonization and disease in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2014; 20: 1329-1334
- Incidence rates and risk factors of Clostridioides difficile infection in solid organ and hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients.Open Forum Infect Dis. 2019; 6:ofz086
- Incidence and outcomes of Clostridium difficile-associated disease in hematopoietic cell transplant recipients.Int J Hematol. 2014; 99: 758-765
- Infections in hematopoietic cell transplant recipients: results from the Organ Transplant Infection Project, a multicenter, prospective, cohort study.Open Forum Infect Dis. 2017; 4:ofx050
- Risk for Clostridium difficile infection after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant remains elevated in the postengraftment period.Transplantation Direct. 2017; 3: e145
Pedicano J, Verma A, Tomblyn M, et al. Lower post-transplant serum albumin levels predict significantly poorer survival after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. https://www.astctjournal.org/article/S1083-8791(03)00693-1/fulltext. Published 2004. Accessed June 2022.
- Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in 48 patients with end-stage chronic liver diseases.Cell Transplant. 2010; 19: 1475-1486
Pharmacokinetics and safety of posaconazole tablet in participants at high risk for invasive fungal infections (MK-5592-065/P05615). ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01777763. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01777763. Updated April 2017. Accessed June 2022.
Safety and efficacy of fidaxomicin versus placebo for prophylaxis against Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea in adults undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (MK-5119-001; DEFLECT-1). ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01691248. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01691248. Updated September 2018. Accessed June 2022.
- A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of fidaxomicin for prophylaxis of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea in adults undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.Clin Infect Dis. 2019; 68: 196-203