- •CN-105 is an intravenous, apolipoprotein E (APOE) -mimetic pentapeptide, which have been demonstrated the effect of downregulates neuroinflammatory responses in microglia and mitigates neuronal excitotoxicity following acute brain injury.
- •CN-105 was safe and well tolerated in Western populations.
- •This phase I study demostrated that CN-105 was safe and well tolerated in healthy Chinese participants in the range of 0.1 mg/kg to 1 mg/kg of single and multiple intravenous administrations.
- •The PK characteristics of CN-105 were comparable among Chinese and western subjects.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global, regional, and country-specific lifetime risks of stroke, 1990 and 2016.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 2429-2437
- Mortality, morbidity, and risk factors in China and its provinces, 1990–2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.Lancet. 2019; 394: 1145-1158
- Drug therapy in stroke: from preclinical to clinical studies.Pharmacology. 2013; 92: 324-334
- Standardisation of research strategies in acute ischaemic stroke.Lancet Neurol. 2016; 15: 784-785
- The future of neuroprotection in stroke.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2021; 92: 129-135
- Apolipoprotein E protects against oxidative stress in mixed neuronal-glial cell cultures by reducing glutamate toxicity.Neurochem Int. 2004; 44: 107-118
- Pharmacogenomic effects of apolipoprotein e on intracerebral hemorrhage.Stroke. 2009; 40: 632-639
- Apolipoprotein E controls cerebrovascular integrity via cyclophilin A.Nature. 2012; 485: 512-516
- Microglial activation by Alzheimer amyloid precursor protein and modulation by apolipoprotein E.Nature. 1997; 388: 878-881
- Downregulation of microglial activation by apolipoprotein E and apoE-mimetic peptides.Exp Neurol. 2001; 167: 74-85
- ApoE mimetic improves pathology and memory in a model of Alzheimer's disease.Brain Res. 2020; 1733146685
- Apolipoprotein E mimetic peptide, CN-105, improves outcomes in ischemic stroke.Ann Clin Transl Neurol. 2017; 4: 246-265
- Neuroprotective pentapeptide CN-105 improves functional and histological outcomes in a murine model of intracerebral hemorrhage.Sci Rep. 2016; 6: 34834
- Neuroprotective pentapeptide CN-105 is associated with reduced sterile inflammation and improved functional outcomes in a traumatic brain injury murine model.Sci Rep. 2017; 7: 46461
- Neuroprotective pentapeptide, CN-105, improves outcomes in translational models of intracerebral hemorrhage.Neurocrit Care. 2021; 35: 441-450
- CN-105 in participants with acute supratentorial intracerebral hemorrhage (CATCH) trial.Neurocrit Care. 2021; 36: 216-225
- Phase 1 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to determine the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of a single escalating dose and repeated doses of CN-105 in healthy adult subjects.J Clin Pharmacol. 2017; 57: 770-776
- Peptide therapeutics: current status and future directions.Drug Discov Today. 2015; 20: 122-128
- A global review on short peptides: frontiers and perspectives.Molecules. 2021; 26: 430
- Antagonism of nicotinic acetycholinergic receptors by CN-105, an apoE-mimetic peptide reduces stroke-induced excitotoxicity.Clin Transl Med. 2022; 12: e677
- Neuroprotective pentapeptide, CN-105, improves outcomes in translational models of intracerebral hemorrhage.Neurocrit Care. 2021;
- Neuroprotective pentapeptide CN-105 improves functionaland histological outcomes in a murine model of intracerebral hemorrhage.Sci Rep. 2016; 6: 34834.2
- Neuroprotective pentapeptide CN-105 is associated with reduced sterile inflammation and improved functional outcomes in a traumatic brain injury murine model.Sci Rep. 2017; 7: 46461.3
- Apolipoprotein E mimetic peptide, CN-105, improves outcomes in ischemic stroke.Ann Clin Transl Neurol. 2017; 4: 246.4-265.4
- Apolipoprotein E mimetic peptide CN-105 improves outcome in a murine model of SAH.Stroke Vasc Neurol. 2018; 3: 222.5-230.5
- ApoE mimetic improves pathology and memory in a model ofAlzheimer’s disease.Brain Res. 2020; 1733: 146685