Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Sepsis in the burn patient: a different problem than sepsis in the general population.Burns Trauma. 2017; 5: 23
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Antimicrobial Agents in Burn Patients.Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2021; 22: 77-82
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of beta-lactam antibiotics in burns patients–a one-year prospective study.Ther Drug Monit. 2012; 34: 160-164
- Population pharmacokinetics of meropenem in burn patients.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2010; 65: 2428-2435
- Pharmacokinetics–pharmacodynamics issues relevant for the clinical use of beta-lactam antibiotics in critically ill patients.Crit Care. 2018; 22: 233
- The Third International Consensus Definitions for Sepsis and Septic Shock (Sepsis-3).JAMA. 2016; 315: 801-810
- Prediction of creatinine clearance from serum creatinine.Nephron. 1976; 16: 31-41
- Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic correlation for meropenem applied to a burn child using a bioanalytical liquid chromatographic method.Braz J Pharma Sci. 2011; 3: 4-12
MERREM intravenous injection. Package insert. AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP (per FDA), 1996. Accessed January 25, 2022. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2016/050706s037lbl.pdf
- Comparison of the pharmacodynamics of meropenem in healthy volunteers following administration by intermittent infusion or bolus injection.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2003; 52: 518-521
Clinical & Laboratory Standards Institute: CLSI Guidelines. Clinical & Laboratory Standards Institute. Accessed July 19, 2021. https://clsi.org/.
- Burn Wound Infections.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2006; 19: 403-434
- Does Beta-lactam pharmacokinetic variability in critically ill patients justify therapeutic drug monitoring? a systematic review.Ann Intensive Care. 2012; 2: 35
- Applying pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic principles in critically ill patients: optimizing efficacy and reducing resistance development.Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2015; 36: 136-153
- Incidence and bacteriology of burn infections at a military burn center.Burns. 2010; 36: 461-468
- Pharmacokinetics of meropenem in burn patients with infections caused by Gram-negative bacteria: are we getting close to the right treatment?.J Glob Antimicrob Resist. 2020; 20: 22-27
- Common pathogens in burn wound and changes in their drug sensitivity.Burns. 2011; 37: 805-807
- Dosing regimen of meropenem for adults with severe burns: a population pharmacokinetic study with Monte Carlo simulations.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2015; 70: 882-890
Accepted for publication February 13, 2022.