Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Therapeutics
- Dir. Stuart Rosenberg.Warner Bros. Pictures, Burbank, CA1997
- Conflict of interest in biomedical research.in: Mary Crowley From Birth to Death and Bench to Clinic: The Hastings Center Bioethics Briefing Book for Journalists, Policymakers, and Campaigns. The Hastings Center, Garrison, NY2008: 31-34
- The International Publication Planning Association 2017 Annual Meeting. Coronado Bay, California. February 5-7, 2017. 2017
- Making a statement: author COIs and disclosures – opportunities for transparency vs. obfuscation.in: The 15th Annual Meeting of the International Society of Medical Publication Professionals: Communicating Science in an Era of Innovation and Change. National Harbor, MarylandApril 15-17, 2019
- Conflicts of interest and disclosures.in: The 15th Annual Meeting of the International Society of Medical Publication Professionals: Communicating Science in an Era of Innovation and Change. National Harbor, MarylandApril 15-17, 2019
- Conflict of interest disclosure policies and practices in peer-reviewed biomedical journals.J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21 (PubMed PMID: 17105524; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC1924760): 1248-1252https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00598.x
- Conflict of interest. Special issue.JAMA. 2017; 317: 1705-1812
- Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals.2018 (Available at:)http://www.icmje.org/icmje-recommendations.pdfDate accessed: August 24, 2019
- Conflict-of-interest Policies for Academic Medical Centers: Recommendations for Best Practices.Pew Charitable Trusts, Philadelphia2013 (Available at:)www.pewtrusts.orgDate accessed: August 24, 2019
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Curbs Executives' Ties to Industry after Conflict-Of-Interest Scandals.NY Times, 12 Jan 2019 (Available at:)https://www.propublica.org/article/memorial-sloan-kettering-curbs-executives-ties-to-industry-after-conflict-of-interest-scandalsDate accessed: August 24, 2019
- Top Cancer Doctor, Forced Out over Ties to Drug Makers, Joins Their Ranks.Propublica, 7 Jan 2019 (Available at:)https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/07/health/baselga-sloan-kettering-astrazeneca.htmlDate accessed: August 24, 2019
- Failure to disclose conflict of interest in article published in JAMA on detection of cancer-related genes.JAMA. 2018; 320: 2380https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2018.16961
- Conflict of interest and medical journals.JAMA. 2017; 317: 1768-1771https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2017.4563
- Conflicts of interests, authors, and journals: new challenges for a persistent problem.JAMA. 2018; 320: 2315-2318https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2018.17593
- Does declaration of competing interests affect readers' perceptions? A randomised trial.BMJ. 2002; 325: 1391-1392
- Conflict of Interest in Medical Research, Education, and Practice.Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences, Washington DC2009
- Payments to physicians: does the amount of money make a difference?.JAMA. 2017; 317: 1719-1720https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2017.1872
- Making progress with competing interests.BMJ. 2002; 325: 1375-1376https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.325.7377.1375
- Declaring financial competing interests: survey of five general medical journals.BMJ. 2001; 323: 263-264https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.323.7307.263
- A new survey to evaluate conflict of interest policies at academic medical centers.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0172472https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0172472
- Association of compensation from the surgical and medical device industry to physicians and self-declared conflict of interest.JAMA Surg. 2018; 153: 997-1002https://doi.org/10.1001/jamasurg.2018.2576
- Good publication practice for communicating company-sponsored medical research: GPP3.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 163: 461-464https://doi.org/10.7326/M15-0288
- Conflict of interest: “Be rigorous in judging ourselves and gracious in judging others”.Curr Oncol. 2018; 25: 355-357https://doi.org/10.3747/co.25.4587
- Towards patient-centered conflicts of interest policy.Int J Health Pol Manag. 2017; 7: 112-119https://doi.org/10.15171/ijhpm.2017.128
- Addressing bias and conflict of interest among biomedical researchers.JAMA. 2017; 317: 1723-1724https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2017.3854
- Why there are no “potential” conflicts of interest.JAMA. 2017; 317: 1721-1722https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2017.2308
- Conflict of interest: why does it matter?.JAMA. 2017; 317: 1717-1718https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2017.1869
- Toward more uniform conflict disclosures—the updated ICMJE conflict of interest reporting form.N Engl J Med. 2010 Jul 8; 363 (Epub 2010 Jul 1. No abstract available. PMID: 20627859): 188-189https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMe1006030
Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). Conflicts of interest/Competing Interests; 2019. Available at: https://publicationethics.org/competinginterests. Accessed August 24, 2019.
Fact Sheet: Competing Interests. Elsevier; 2019. Available at: https://www.elsevier.com/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/653884/Competing-Interestsfactsheet-March-2019.pdf. Accessed August 24, 2019.
- Medicine as Culture: Illness, Disease and the Body in Western Societies.3rd ed. Sage, New York2012
Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). What to Do if a Reviewer Suspects Undisclosed Conflict of Interest in a Submitted Manuscript; 2013. https://doi.org/10.24318/cope.2019.2.6.
- Disclosures.Clin Ther. 2019; 41: 1