Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Antibiotic resistance treats in the United States, 2013. http://www.cdc.gov/drugresistance/threat-report-2013/pdf/ar-threats-2013-508.pdf. Accessed September 6, 2015.
- Bench-to-bedside review: the role of beta-lactamases in antibiotic-resistant Gram-negative infections.Crit Care. 2010; 14: 224
- Updated functional classification of β-lactamases.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2010; 54: 969-976
- Extended-spectrum β-lactamases: a clinical update.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2005; 18: 657-686
- GlaxoSmithKline, NC2007
- Alarming beta-lactamase-mediated resistance in multi-drug-resistant Enterobacteriaceae.Curr Opin Microbiol. 2010; 13: 558-564
- Infections with extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae: changing epidemiology and drug treatment choices.Drugs. 2010; 70: 313-333
- The beta-lactamase threat in Enterobacteriaceae, Pseudomonas and Acinetobacter.Trends Microbiol. 2006; 14: 413-420
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, US Food and Drug Administration. Avycaz (ceftazidime–avibactam) FDA summary review. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AdvisoryCommittees/CommitteesMeetingMaterials/Drugs/Anti-InfectiveDrugsAdvisoryCommittee/UCM425458.pdf. Accessed October 5, 2015.
- In vitro activity of NXL104 in combination with beta-lactams against Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates producing KPC carbapenemases.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009; 53: 3599-3601
- Avycaz® (ceftazidime/avibactam) [package insert] Cincinnati.Forest Pharmaceuticals, Inc., OH2015
- Ceftazidime-avibactam: an evidence-based review of its pharmacology and potential use in the treatment of Gram-negative bacterial infections.Core Evid. 2014; 9: 13-25
- The β-lactams strike back: ceftazidime-avibactam.Pharmacotherapy. 2015; 35: 755-770
- How to get (a)round: mechanisms controlling growth and division of coccoid bacteria.Nat Rev Microbiol. 2013; 11: 601-614
- The penicillin-binding proteins: structure and role in peptidoglycan biosynthesis.FEMS Microbiol Rev. 2008; 32: 234-258
- Penicillin binding proteins: key players in bacterial cell cycle and drug resistance processes.FEMS Microbiol Rev. 2006; 30: 673-691
- Three decades of beta-lactamase inhibitors.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2010; 23: 160-201
- Structural insight into portent broad-spectrum inhibition with reversible recyclization mechanism: avibactam in complex with CTX-M-15 and Pseudomonas aeruginosa AmpC beta-lactamases.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013; 57: 2496-2505
- Ceftazidime-avibactam activity tested against Enterobacteriaceae isolates from U.S. hospitals (2011 to 2013) and characterization of β-lactamase-producing strains.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015; 59: 3509-3517
- Ceftazidime-avibactam and comparator agents tested against urinary tract isolates from a global surveillance program (2011).Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2014; 80: 233-238
- In vitro antibacterial activity of the ceftazidime-avibactam (NXL104) combination against Pseudomonas aeruginosa clinical isolates.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012; 56: 1606-1608
- Activity of ceftazidime-avibactam against fluoroquinolone-resistant Enterobacteriaceae and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015; 59: 3059-3065
- Ceftazidime/avibactam tested against gram-negative bacteria from intensive care unit (ICU) and non-ICU patients, including those with ventilator-associated pneumonia.Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2015; 46: 53-59
- Ceftazidime-avibactam activity against multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated in U.S. medical centers in 2012 and 2013.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015; 59: 3656-3659
- Effects of Klebsiella pneumoniae carbapenemase subtypes, extended-spectrum β-lactamases, and porin mutations on the in vitro activity of ceftazidime-avibactam against carbapenem-resistant K. pneumoniae.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2015; 59: 5793-5797
- In vitro activity of ceftazidime, ceftaroline and aztreonam alone and in combination with avibactam against European gram-negative and gram-positive clinical isolates.Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2015; 45: 641-646
- In vitro activity of ceftazidime-NXL104 against 396 strains of beta-lactamase-producing anaerobes.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011; 55: 3616-3620
Sader HS, Castanheira M, Flamm RK, et al. Ceftazidime-avibactam activity tested against aerobic gram-negative organisms isolated from intraabdominal infections in United States hospitals (2012–2014). Abstract presented at: Interscience Conference of Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC); September 17–21, 2015; San Diego, CA. Abstract C-140.
- Safety and pharmacokinetics of single and multiple ascending doses of avibactam alone and in combination with ceftazidime in healthy male volunteers: results of two randomized, placebo-controlled studies.Clin Drug Investig. 2015; 35: 307-317
- Phase I study assessing the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of avibactam and ceftazidime-avibactam in healthy Japanese volunteers.J Infect Chemother. 2015; 21: 551-558
- Assessment of the mass balance recovery and metabolite profile of avibactam in humans and in vitro drug-drug interaction potential.Drug Metab Dispos. 2014; 42: 932-942
- Microbiological interaction studies between ceftazidime-avibactam and pulmonary surfactant and between ceftazidime-avibactam and antibacterial agents of other classes.Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2014; 44: 552-556
- Comparative study of the efficacy and safety of ceftazidime/avibactam plus metronidazole versus meropenem in the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infections in hospitalized adults: results of a randomized, double-blind, Phase II trial.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2013; 68: 1183-1192
- Efficacy and safety of ceftazidime-avibactam versus imipenem-cilastatin in the treatment of complicated urinary tract infections, including acute pyelonephritis, in hospitalized adults: results of a prospective, investigator-blinded, randomized study.Curr Med Res Opin. 2012; 28: 1921-1931
Mazuski JE, Gasnik L, Armstrong J, et al. Efficacy and safety of ceftazidime-avibactam plus metronidazole versus meropenem in the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal infection—results from a Phase III program. Abstract presented at: 25th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases; April 25-28, 2015; Copenhagen, Denmark. Abstract O191.
Carmeli Y, Armstrong J, Laud PJ, et al. Efficacy and safety of ceftazidime-avibactam and best available therapy in the treatment of ceftazidime-resistant infections—results from a Phase III study. Abstract presented at: 25th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases; April 25–28, 2015; Copenhagen, Denmark. Abstract LBEV0061b.
ClinicalTrials.gov. Ceftazidime-avibactam compared with doripenem followed by oral therapy for hospitalized adults with complicated UTIs. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01599806. Accessed August 26, 2015.
ClinicalTrials.gov. Ceftazidime-avibactam compared with doripenem followed by oral therapy for hospitalized adults with complicated UTIs. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01595438. Accessed August 26, 2015.
ClinicalTrials.gov. A study comparing ceftazidime–avibactam versus meropenem in hospitalized adults with nosocomial pneumonia. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01808092. Accessed August 26, 2015.
Gallagher JC., Cprek J, Famon E, et al. Compassionate use ceftazidime/avibactam (CAZ-AVI) for carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae (CRKP) infections. Abstract presented at: 18th Making a Difference in Infectious Diseases (MAD-ID) Meeting; May 7–9, 2015; Orlando, FL.
- Randomized, placebo-controlled study to assess the impact on QT/QTc interval of supratherapeutic doses of ceftazidime-avibactam or ceftaroline fosamil-avibactam.J Clin Pharmacol. 2014; 54: 331-340