Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Clinical Therapeutics
The Use of Medicines in the United States: Review of 2010. http://www.imshealth.com/imshealth/Global/Content/IMSInstitute/Documents/IHII_UseOfMed_report .pdf. 2011; http://www.imshealth.com/imshealth/Global/Content/IMS/Institute/Documents/IHII_UseOfMed_report .pdf. Accessed August 1, 2011.
FDA: Limit Use of 80 mg Simvastatin. United States Food and Drug Administration. Consumer Updates. 2011. http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm257884.htm. Accessed June 8, 2011.
- Intensive lowering of LDL cholesterol with 80 mg versus 20 mg simvastatin daily in 12,064 survivors of myocardial infarction: a double-blind randomised trial.Lancet. 2010; 376: 1658-1669
Simvastatin. Hudson, OH: Lexi-Comp Inc; 2012.
- ACC/AHA/NHLBI clinical advisory on the use and safety of statins.Stroke. 2002; 33: 2337-2341
- Selection of variables in multiple regression, part I: a review and evaluation.Int Stat Rev. 1978; 46: 1-19
- Statin-associated muscular and renal adverse events: data mining of the public version of the FDA adverse event reporting system.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e28124
FDA Drug Safety Communication: new restrictions, contraindications, and dose limitations for Zocor (simvastatin) to reduce the risk of muscle injury. http://www.fda.gov/drugs/drugsafety/ucm256581.htm. Accessed January 26, 2014.
- Statin myopathy: incidence, risk factors, and pathophysiology.Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2007; 9: 389-396
- The relationship of vitamin D deficiency to statin myopathy.Atherosclerosis. 2011; 215: 23-29
- Symptomatic myositis-myalgia in hypercholesterolemic statin-treated patients with concurrent vitamin D deficiency leading to statin intolerance may reflect a reversible interaction between vitamin D deficiency and statins on skeletal muscle.Med Hypotheses. 2011; 77: 658-661
- Low serum 25 (OH) vitamin D levels (<32 ng/mL) are associated with reversible myositis-myalgia in statin-treated patients.Transl Res. 2009; 153: 11-16
- Vitamin D deficiency an important, common, and easily treatable cardiovascular risk factor?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 52: 1949-1956
- Myopathy during statin therapy in the daily practice of an outpatient cardiology clinic: prevalence, predictors and relation with vitamin D.Curr Med Res Opin. 2012; 28: 1247-1252
- Statin myopathy: a common dilemma not reflected in clinical trials.Cleve Clin J Med. 2011; 78: 393-403
- Final conclusions and recommendations of the National Lipid Association Statin Safety Assessment Task Force.Am J Cardiol. 2006; 97: 89C-94C